At this point, you will learn everything worth knowing about the innovations in COREDINATE.
Multiple shifts in one day, notification for impact levels
Several shifts in one day
Employees can now be assigned to several shifts in one day. In some scenarios in which employees take on several smaller shifts, this helps with more precise scheduling.
The categorisation can then be viewed as usual in the export formats, in the portal views, and in the app.
Notification for impact levels
In the last release, we released the impact levels to make it easier to categorise the urgency of incidents.
In order to be able to react better to corresponding events, a notification rule can now be set to the corresponding level.
If an event with the impact level is reported, e-mails are sent.
- Leave contingents can now be set for several users at the same time via a multiple action in the user view.
- The evaluation period is now also placed on the PDF for reports
- If filters are set in the shift planner, these are saved in the browser and set directly when the user switches back to planning
- Shift assignments show an info icon if their start/end time has been changed.
- If there is a conflict status in the shift planner when an employee has an absence and a shift assignment on the same day, this conflict status is now also displayed in the upper area.
- User information can now be exported to Excel in the user view
- Free colour selection for absence types
Impact levels for incident types
Impact levels can now be defined for incident types. This allows important events to be identified and reported more quickly.
There is now a new Impact level column and filter under Work results > Reports.
To configure the impact levels, you need the new Manage impact levels right, which administrators automatically receive.
Under Master data > Incident types, you will now find a new tab in which the impact levels can be defined. Each level has a weighting that controls the order in which they are selected.
As soon as an event is reported, the impact level changes automatically according to the event type.
In the coming updates, further features will be added that build on the impact level.
- In some cases, a configured e-mail server was deactivated because too many connections were established when publishing shifts.
- The event type was not set for watch log reports.
Edit and create tours in the app
We want to give our administrators a way to insert their tours on site directly through the app.
Tours can now be managed via the app.
To do this, there is now a new item Manage tours under view Home > Administration. The App > Administration right is required for this.
An area must be selected, then all tours visible in it are displayed.
Info about the device status in the portal
Developer's comment: Especially in companies with several devices, it is often difficult to see if all device settings are working correctly without having the device at hand.
In the portal under Administration > Devices, there is now a new column that shows the status of NFC, the battery and location detection.
The status is updated initially when logging in, changing settings and changing the battery level.
Event reports filtered by status
The event report now has the Status filter and can, for example, only forward deleted events by report. If there are no deleted events in the period, no report will be forwared.
Operations & Processes: Subtasks have an adjustable order
In the case of operations and processes, it was previously no longer possible to change the order of the subtasks after they had been created. From now on, there will be a Order column, with which the sequence can be subsequently changed, similar to route points in tours.
- In some cases, images that were taken via smartphones, transferred to a computer, and then uploaded to the portal, were not rotated correctly. For this, we have included buttons so that the images can be rotated subsequently.
- In the Contacts view there is now a Note column
New widgets and multilingual incident types
Multilingual incident types
Several languages can now be defined for incident types.
In the app and in the portal, the incident types are then displayed in various languages.
Under Company Profile > Options, you can set the languages that you want to be made available.
The following widgets are now available for the dashboards
"Time stamp clock", "Section times", "Key log"
New dialogue to easily create multiple users
With the new dialogue it should be easier to create multiple users who all have the same assignment and authorisation.
In the last step you get a link that can be sent to the staff to set the password.
Hide address and logo in reports
If you want to send reports without a header showing the address and company logo, then this can now be set in the report setting.
Key transfers to 3rd persons
Under Master Data > Keys, a characteristic can be assigned to individual keys that will determine whether the key may be handed over to 3rd persons via the app.
The transfer requires a name, a signature, and a note.
Signature and name will be shown under Work results > Key log.
GPS coordinates for tasks, checkpoints, and keys
Under GPS > Settings you can now determine where GPS coordinates should be recorded when a task is completed, a checkpoint is is scanned, and when a key was handed over.
The recording of the location can also be completely deactivated.
Under the work results a map will be displayed, which will show the individual coordinates.
Shift planner notes rest periods
Under Duty Planning > Settings > Rules, rest periods can now be defined. This rule determines how long a staff member has to take a break before he or she is ready to work again.
Late shift until 11 pm, early shift from 6 am.
When trying to schedule the employee to the early shift, the system shows the following error:
In the shift settings, you can select a background and a font color which will be assigned to the shift cell in the employee area below.
New print view 'Overview of employees'
The print view matches the bottom area of the shift planner and shows absences as well as the individual shift assignments in the color that has been set in each case.
Print view duty roster for employees
Display error: Absences spanning more than one month are now also shown in the other months in the shift planner.
Print view duty roster
The duty roster can now be printed out more easily. There is an additional button for the shift planner for this purpose.
- Display error: When creating absences for other employees, the correct amount of leave contingents is now shown, taking into account absences already noted.
- Display error: An increased number of shifts displayed in the shift schedule led to problems in the display of the layout from 50% screen height usage.
The duty roster is now released and can be booked.
E-mail dispatch log
From now on, all sent e-mails are recorded in a log under Evaluations > Log.
In the overview, the incorrect sending attempts are always shown first.
You can correct the recipient and have the report sent again.
- It may happen that a recipient does not receive an e-mail but the system marks the sending as 'Successful'. In these case, our email server has sent the email correctly, but the recipient's server does not accept or rejects the e-mail.
- E-mail log entries are deleted after 3 months.
- To view the log page, the 'Report' or 'Notification rule' permission is necessary.
Own e-mail server
If you use your own e-mail server, it will no longer be deactivated as soon as an error occurs during sending.
Via the e-mail log, you can see immediately which errors may have occurred and have the option of re-sending the affected e-mails with a click.
GPS coordinates as columns in event reports
There are now three more columns available for event reports.
- 'Latitude', 'Longitude': The coordinates of the detected event.
- 'Map link': A generated link that, when clicked, redirects to Google Maps, where it immediately shows the capture location.
Removing the responsibility mechanics for branches
In version 8.9.0 we introduced the branches. There was a requirement there that users who do not have responsibility immediately get visibility on the branch. The motivation for this was the supposedly reduced administrative effort.
Due to user errors, this function was removed from this indirect responsibility.
GPS coordinates in event notifications
In e-mails sent after an event has been recorded by notification rules, the corresponding GPS coordinate is now also sent to localise the event.
The GPS recording of events can be deactivated at any time under GPS > Settings.
- Users with a responsibility for only one area could not create users
- Filtering widgets by branches was not possible
- Filtering by a branch without clients caused errors
- Reports could not be filtered by checkpoints
Comment from the developers – 'We could observe that companies with many employees, devices, reports, etc. are finding it increasingly difficult and that the administrative effort is growing disproportionately to the size of the company. Especially the management of the visibilities of the individual users has not decreased satisfactorily enough with the introduction of 'Teams'. The branches are intended to ease the additional configuration effort via the responsibilities, especially with regard to the assignments or visibilities of the users, and to provide scope for setting options in the future.'
The new organisational unit 'Branches' will be available with immediate effect.
This unit can be used to manage your own locations in the company, giving further flexibility in the organization of one's own company.
Each user must be assigned to a branch as 'staff'. This reference controls which clients or areas the user can see, unless an explicit responsibility is defined.
Reminder: Responsibilities control which customers and areas an employee is allowed to see in the app or portal.
For example, administrators who need to be able to manage multiple branches are still assigned to one branch as staff, but then have explicitly defined additional responsibilities in the user profile.
In order to be able to use the function to the full extent, in many places the possibility is provided that entities can be assigned to the branch as well.
These include: Devices, Users, Reports, Files, Event Types, Notification Rules, Keys, Teams
In the work results and reports, there is now a new 'Branches' column.
It is possible to filter by the branch.
Notification rules for events can also be applied to branches to be triggered as soon as an event is reported in a branch customer's area.
More information about the introduction can be found here: Introduction Branches FAQ
Edit forms of different users, comments on tasks of operations
Comments on tasks for operations
It is now possible to create comments for the subtasks in the app or portal, similarly to tasks.
Edit forms of various users
A new feature for forms allows multiple employees to work on one form.
For this purpose, it is necessary that the editing employee pauses his editing before another employee can resume and continue editing the form in the app. Should two employees edit a form at the same time (e.g. offline), the entry of the employee who performed the last saving process is valid.
New App design, change history for users, mandatory tasks
New App design
The app now has a new global menu at the top. There, functions will be accessible from anywhere, no matter where the user is within the app. Working time recording, notifications, processes, and other system-relevant topics are presented here.
Change history for users
All changes to individual users are now seamlessly recorded in a history. Creation, deletion, adjustment of user rights, roles, assignments, and changes to user panels are recorded.
If a user is deleted, the user will automatically be hidden from the Administration > Users view. Above the table there is now a checkbox to display and restore these users.
Make tasks mandatory in the app
It happens that employees miss or condone tasks. To avoid this, an option had been requested to mark tasks so that the completion view in the app cannot be left until all tasks are completed.
Under Master Data > Tasks, a feature can now be set to make the completion of a task mandatory at the checkpoint in case it is due or can be completed after the scan.
This only applies to tasks at control points. A scan of the control point is necessary to control the mechanics.
If the task has a form and the used device does not have an active form module available, the employee can still exit the view without completing the task.
New multiple actions
Within the app there are new multiple actions added to simplify and speed up the work with COREDINATE. The following actions have been added:
- Master data > Tours: Assign multiple tours to one area
- Master data > Tasks: Assign multiple tasks to control points and/or areas
- Administration > Users: Remove individual rights from multiple users
- By integrating teams and roles, the necessity of individual rights for employees will be less likely.
- To avoid having to click through every single user, individual rights can now be removed more easily.
With teams, you can now organize users into a new unit. Teams can be assigned to groups and roles. This way, it will not be necessary to manage each individual user. Assigning a team will be enough to quickly manage all settings for new users.
Under work results you will find new options to filter by teams.
Under user listing you will find a new multiple action which allows to quickly assign teams to several users.
Send reports as CSV
Under Reporting > Reports you can now choose between PDF and CSV data type.
Export as Excel file (.xlsx)
Excel files can now be exported directly from all work results.
In several places within the portal a PDF previewer for uploaded PDF files has been added. This includes the file manager, tasks, and messages.
ID for events
A new ID column is displayed under events. In addition, you can search for a specific ID.
Download processes with all attachments as ZIP
It happens that tasks and their subtasks have attachments. In order to be able to download a task consistently, it is now possible to export all relevant attachments together with the task PDF in a ZIP archive.
Re-dispatch when an event is changed
When an event is reported, relevant information may be added. A feature can now be used to control the reactivation of notification rules.
Categorization of user rights
All user permissions are assigned a category and include detailed tool tips to provide a better understanding of their impact.
- Operations can now be exported correctly via the work result page.
- Should an e-mail server be configured and an employee sends an error log through the app, the set sender e-mail address will no longer be used to prevent SPF issues and the e-mail from reaching COREDINATE.
- In certain user rights constellations errors can occur if widgets are added to the dashboard.
- The portal has been optimized in many places so that the following views can now be printed:
- Customers > Areas
- Customers > Areas > Checkpoints
- When selecting a time frame, the default time setting is 00:00 to 23:59.
- Control points can be exchanged.
- Wen exporting forms directly via the portal, the event type will be displayed correctly within a predefined field.
- When changing the page of work results, the selection now remains for export.
GPS-control-points-radius can now be reduced to 5 meters
For some requirements it may be necessary to keep the radius small. However, it should be noted that staff will need to remain at the location until the device can provide accurate data, and that accuracy will depend on local conditions.
- When moving device licences, the Flexible Forms module was not included.
- Own customer/area attributes could not be edited in certain circumstances.
- After creating a GPS control point using the area view, the redirection did not work automatically.
- Area data could not be edited in certain circumstances.
Deactivate/archive customers, device filter in work results, transfer multiple keys via portal
Sometimes customers pause or terminate guarding orders, but you want to keep the data and the structure without cluttering your overview. For this purpose, you can now deactivate a customer under Master data > Customers. As a result, all tasks and tours that were exclusively assigned to this client or indirectly to its areas are now paused. This means that areas, tasks, and tours are no longer displayed in the app. The deactivated clients can be displayed again via the checkbox above the list.
Devices filters in work results
All work results now offer a filter to search for the device that captured the result.
Transfer multiple keys via portal
In the portal for key transfers, multiple keys can now be selected and transferred at once.
Search selection field for task completion via the portal
The dialog now shows a search field where you can search for a task. By clicking you can open a list of available tasks. Especially with many tasks available, the selection was very difficult even if the name of the task was known.
Work results – Key filter now offers keys hanging on a key ring
Until now, it was not possible to search for a key that was attached to a key ring. Now these keys will be offered as well and the results set will show the key ring to which the key searched for was transferred.
Optimization Customer Master Data > Areas > Control Points
Optimizations have been made to reduce loading times, especially for larger sets.
Devices assignment adjustment
When logging in with a new device for the first time, the assignment of the current user is copied in order to enable them to see and manage the device in the portal.
Ticket system, form completion via portal user-based modules, devices can be assigned
Modules can be activated by yourself
Under the new menu item Administration > Modules, additional modules can now be added for function expansion. The first modules are the ticket system and form submission via the portal.
In the future, more modules will be added, which can then be managed and activated.
To see the menu item, book the modules, the user is required to have the role of Administrator.
Devices can now be assigned to groups
For a better overview, devices can now be assigned to customers and areas. Users who have the respective assignments only able to see their devices in the portal.
Under Master data > Customers and Master data > Customers > Area there is now a new tab Devices in which all devices which are directly assigned to the customer or area are shown.
Assignments can be configured in the device view.
Two factor authentication, working and range times record device
To increase the security of user accounts, you can now enable two-factor-authentication. After successfully entering your login data, a six-digit code is requested, which you can have sent to you by e-mail or to an authorization app of your choice (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc.). You can find out how to activate the 2FA here:
Working times and sector times record device
From now on, there is the Device column for the two time recordings. As usual, also all export and filter options. If the time recording is started via the portal, the portal is recorded as the device.
Devices in work results
The devices with which the data record was entered are now displayed in the work results.
- Checkpoint detection
- Handover of keys
All corresponding work result pages have received a new Device column for the table and now show the device in the right detail view. Additionally, all report types received a column accordingly.
Tour duration defaults, new widgets for scheduled tours & tasks.
Tour duration specifications
Contracts in the security industry are usually calculated on the basis of the duration of stay, so that bids can be submitted.
However, there are very often cases when the guarded customer then overstretches the time with special orders and an order may become unprofitable as a result.
To get more control over this problem, a maximum duration for tours can now be entered and later filtered specifically according to which tours exceed this time frame.
On the other hand, there are colleagues who move through a property at record speed, as a result of which the agreed duration of stay with the customer are not adhered to.
For this, there is now the specification of a minimum tour duration.
Both values can be shown to the employee in the app or used as a control tool for follow-up checks only.
Defaults in the Tour view
From now on, you can specify the minimum and maximum duration of a round in minutes.
Display and recommendations in the app
The defaults can be displayed in the app in the tour view.
Recommendations are then made to the employee during the round should he/she walk the round too fast or too slow.
New column 'Duration' in the tour completion
The column now shows the duration of a tour.
Should a tour have specifications, compliance will be shown.
A new filter allows the precise selection of these tours
Documentation of breaks during tours
From now on, pauses during tours will also be recorded and deducted from the overall duration.
Breaks can now be displayed in the detail view by clicking on the table row.
Restructuring of the column 'Times' and new column 'Duration' in the report
The column Times in the report with the type Tour completion now shows start & end of the tour in addition to the break times.
The new column Duration shows the duration of the tour minus the breaks.
'Scheduled Tours' & 'Scheduled Tasks' Widget
Two more useful widgets are now available for dashboards. The widgets show all tours and tasks with scheduling and can simulate execution times indefinitely into the future.
New notification rule for status changes for operations
A new notification rule type is now available, which automatically sends e-mail notifications as soon as processes change to the required status.
For this the ticket system has to be activated, contact our sales department if you want to test or purchase the feature!
Mark remark at checkpoint as not available
If a checkpoint is marked as not available, a note can now be saved, which is then shown in the portal.
Widget Working hours, Hide disabled entries
Working hours widget
The Working hours widget is now available and can be included in dashboards. It shows the working hours of the employees and can be configured as usual. It also responds to real-time events and immediately shows when employees clock in/out.
Filtering by replacement scans in tours
The new filter Replacement scans can now be used to search for specific tour tasks that include replacement scans.
Hide disabled/inactive entries
In some views, the deactivated entries are now hidden by default to create a better overview. With a click on the checkbox, the entries can be shown again.
In the following views this is now the case:
- Customer > Areas
- Customer > Area > Tasks
- Customer > Area > Tours
Right 'Manage own range time' enables creation of punch entries
A user can now use the right to create punch entries that are in the past, so that time periods can be subsequently entered.
This was previously only possible via a workaround in which a time was stamped and then edited.
- New column Number of keys
- New column Form for tasks
- Multiple tours can now be deactivated at the same time via a multiple-selection feature.
- In the area view, tasks and tours now show whether a time schedule is stored.
- When assigning an access medium in the app, inactive users are no longer shown.
Operations in the app
Operations in the app
Now processes can be edited in the app.
From now on, tasks can be edited in the app. To view a task, the task or a subtask of the task must be assigned to an app user. The app user then receives an instant notification.
If the task is assigned directly to the user, then the user has full access to the task data. This includes subtasks, comments, linked events, uploads, and the edit history. If the user only has an assignment to a subtask of the task, then the user can only edit this subtask.
Status changes are updated between the portal and the app in real-time!
Global search, report type Tasks with form
Tasks with form report type
Have completed tasks automatically sent to you at the set rhythm, together with the form, with or without output.
- The requested forms can be filtered in the report.
- It can be specified whether the form is to be sent with or without output.
Press CTRL + K or click on the search field in the side menu. After entering a search term, the system searches for matching entries of various entities. The following can be searched for:
- Name of customers, areas, control points, tasks, tours, equipment.
- First / last name / of a user
- The Tag-Id of a checkpoint
- The UUID / IMEI of a device
Tour View > Route Points
The design has been revised to simplify the management of route points. By directly entering a rank, the position can be easily managed even for large tours. Drag'n'drop can now also be used to make quick changes to the order.
Tasks - & Tour View
It is now shown under the General tab whether the task or the tour is referenced in a notification rule.
- Simplified entry of times via portal for Flexible Forms using a time picker
- The Define recipients dialog for notification rules has been optimized so that a performance display is possible even with a very large number of users.
Strong performance increase of work results
Accounts with a workload that had accumulated over years could experience slow queries. This was especially noticeable with the Dashboard and its widgets.
By optimizing the infrastructure, performance increases of up to 100% could be observed. Queries have dropped from > 30 seconds response time to only a few seconds.
Especially if additional filters like the tour status were used, timeouts could occur.
This has now been permanently fixed.
Multilingual shipping options
- All emails that can be sent can now be provided with a time zone and language, through which the recipient receives emails at the correct times and in the correct languages. This is now possible for:
- All reports shipping rules
- All notification rules
- In the report preview, the language and time zone can now be selected for a preview of the report in the respective language.
- The languages are German, Polish, English, French.
- When creating an event in the portal, the event type can now be selected more conveniently. When entering the first letters of the event in the search field, suggestions are also displayed.
- If a replacement scan was made in the walk-through, it is now possible to click on the walk-through under Work results -> Walk-through completion or in the dashboard widget to then select the corresponding checkpoint in the detail view, so that you can jump directly to the checkpoint in question.
- If a user did not have the Read user right, he could no longer view his own profile.
- If a replacement scan has been made in the walk-through, it is now possible to click on the tour under Work results > Tour results or in the dashboard widget to then select the corresponding checkpoint in the detail view so that one can jump directly to the checkpoint affected.
Attachments of subtasks in operations
- In the Attachments tab of an operation, the attachments of the subtasks are now also shown for a quicker overview
- The button Document task has been added in the watch book.
- After editing an event, the row selection has been lost.
- Better compatibility in Safari and iOS
Share dashboards, new range times report, browse form fields.
Share dashboards with users
Dashboards can now be shared directly with users or assignments. Users can thus share pre-built dashboards with other users so that users do not need to know how to configure and manage dashboards.
The new user right Read/Manage shared dashboards allows to control shared dashboards from other users, for example to undo the sharing of his dashboard. The right is assigned to administrators by default.
An application scenario:
You have given your client access to the portal and can now create a dashboard and share it with the client to be more specific to their needs. While events are most important to one client, only certain tours may be important to another. Use widget filtering for precise control of information.
Search content of a form field
In Work results > Events, task completion it is now possible to search for the content of a form field input in the Filter button for Search form field value. The search is limited to text, number, date, time.
You have a box in the form called Meter number of type Text. When filling out the form on site, the meter number is now entered.
You can now search in the portal for the task/event for which there is a form completion that relates to this meter.
New area time report
The new report form now breaks down the total working time of each employee for each area and customer individually. In addition, the sum of all areas and customers is then displayed once at the end.
To do this, go to Times > Range time recording – set the time filter to last month, for example, then select all entries via the checkbox – click Export > Range time summed (PDF) and you will get a PDF with the following structure:
Split Working time/area times (own) right
The right to allow a user to view their own work/area times has now been split into two separate rights for finer control of the permission.
Every user who had the right Working time/area times (own) will now get the two new rights.
Isolate Cost centers right from Company profile
There is now a new right to manage the cost posts without having access to the full company profile. For full manageability, the user needs the Read devices right to assign new devices to a cost center. All users who had the Read/Manage Company Profile right automatically got the new right.
New notification type New device registered
This new notification type now sends an email to a defined group of recipients when the system detects a new device.
The setting can be created under Evaluations > Notification rule. There may be only one of this type per client.
Traceability of incorrect logins
If a user tries to log in, but enters an incorrect password, in the portal or app, then this login attempt is now recorded and displayed under Administration > Users in the user profile in a table including the time.
The login attempts are kept for three months and then automatically deleted.
- The completion progress of an operation is now shown directly in the detail view
- The design of the detailed views of operations has been revised
- Only unacknowledged alarms that are not older than 24 hours are shown in the receiving center.